Besides supporting normal ETL/Data warehouse process that deals with large volume of data, Informatica tool provides a complete data integration solution and data management system. In our training, you will learn how Informatica does various activities like data cleansing, data profiling, transforming and scheduling the workflows from source to target in simple steps.
Any pre-requisite for this course?
No! This course assumes you an absolute beginner to Informatica Power center.
- What is Data Warehousing?
- Differences between OLTP and Data Warehousing
- Why we need two separate solution for real time and warehousing
- DATA EXTRACTION
- How to extract data from several sources and load into same target table
- DATA TRANSFORMATION
- How to perform transformation logics on data
- DATA LOADING
- How to load data into final target table
- Data Marts
- Need and usage of data marts and types of data marts
- Dependent DM
- Independent DM
Types of Tables:
- Fact Table
- Dimension table
- Star Schema
- Snowflake Schema
- Fact Constellation Schema
- Different types of SCD’s which developer develops and a tester has to test as per different types of data needs of clients
- We implement SCD-1 and SCD-2 in class to show the implementation part more transparently and explain SCD-3 to define how to work on limited historical data as well which is used sometimes
Basic Concepts in SQL (Select, Update, Insert and Delete)
- Tester needs to know how to design frequently used testing queries to validate the data in source and target for two reasons - Data Quality and Correctness. This lets us ensure if the expected data has come into the final and mediator target tables or not.
- How ETL tool works and what is the basic need of ETL tool in the market?
- Similarities between ETL tools and SQL
- Why ETL Tool if SQL is the only standard which any Database or Data Warehouse can use?
- How ETL Tools work at back end?
- What types of tasks tester performs on ETL for testing purpose
- Different ETL Tools in the market
- SAMPLE Loading from source to target
- FILTER Transformation
- JOINER Transformation
- AGGREAGATOR Transformation
- SORTER Transformation
- EXPRESSION Transformation
- UNION Transformation
- SEQUENCE GENERATOR Transformation
- SQL Transformation
- We provide this practice as additional benefit to you so that you can implement jobs by yourself to understand that what developers do in real time which you have to test.
- SQL Queries
- MINUS Query
- COUNT Query
- UNION Query
- JOIN Query
- UNIX Basics
- How developers work on PowerCenter?
- Different components of PowerCenter
- Tasks developed in different components
- Introduction to Informatica
- Informatica Architecture Tutorial
- How to Install Informatica Power Center
- How to Configure Clients and Repositories in Informatica
- Source Analyzer and Target Designer in Informatica
- Mappings in Informatica
- Workflows In Informatica
- Workflow Monitor in Informatica
- How to Debug Mappings in Informatica
- Session Objects in Informatica
- Introduction to Transformations in Informatica and Filter Transformation
- Interview Questions
- Resume preparations
- Real-time Scenarios examples and solution discussion